Plan Your Pardot Implementation
Install the AppExchange Package and Enable Pardot
Install the Pardot AppExchange Application / Enable Pardot in Salesforce
Before setting up your Salesforce connector in Pardot, install the Pardot AppExchange package in your Salesforce org.
A Salesforce admin must enable new Pardot business units and appoint a Pardot admin. If you have multiple Pardot Business Units, assign a Pardot admin to each team.
Set Up Salesforce User Sync
- User Sync Basics. User Sync lets you manage Pardot user access from Marketing Setup in Salesforce.
Synced user. Records in Pardot are read-only and inherit information from Salesforce.
- Identify or Create Users in Salesforce. Before you set up Salesforce User Sync, make sure you know which users need Pardot access. If you’re brand new to Salesforce, create new users that you then assign to Pardot.
- Assign Salesforce Users to Pardot. First, have your Salesforce admin assign Salesforce users to Pardot. We recommend you begin with the users necessary to complete your Pardot implementation. You can come back to Marketing Setup at any time to assign more users to Pardot. After users, your Pardot admin can transfer user management to Salesforce. Trusted Pardot users don’t have access to Pardot until you set up permissions for the Pardot Lightning App.
- Transfer User Management to Salesforce. After your Salesforce admin has assigned users to Pardot, your Pardot admin can map Salesforce profiles to roles in Pardot. Then, the Pardot admin transfers user management to Salesforce to create a Pardot profile for each user assigned from Salesforce.
Set Up the Pardot Lightning App
Track Prospect Engagement in Salesforce
Map Pardot and Salesforce Fields
To make sure Pardot and Salesforce share data appropriately, edit your lead and contact page layouts in Salesforce and map Salesforce and Pardot fields. These are the steps to work on:
Manage and Unpause the Salesforce-Pardot Connector
Set Up Connected Campaigns. It’s a great idea to connect your Pardot and Salesforce campaigns. You can save time, reduce clutter, and get access to valuable cross-product features. For example, work with campaign influence attribution models, Engagement History, and Pardot Einstein Campaign Insights for a complete view of your business. Plus, you can work with Pardot prospects and data without leaving Salesforce.
Add a Tracker Domain
Implement tracking code for First-Party Tracking
Implement DKIM and SPF Email Authentication
Create and Customize Marketing Assets
Recommended Features and Add-Ons
- Business to Business Marketing Analytics Plus (B2BMA+): B2BMA+ is a growing collection of intelligent marketing tools for B2B marketers. The Account-Based Marketing and Marketing Campaign Intelligence apps help you explore your data and identify improvements with Einstein Discovery.
- Salesforce Engage: Salesforce Engage lets marketing share its content with sales to boost your company’s selling power. Sales reps can use marketing-approved email templates to contact prospects at the right moment and track the effectiveness of the messages in Salesforce.
- Sandboxes for Pardot: Use Sandboxes for Pardot to test configuration changes before implementing them in your production account. A Sandbox for Pardot is a Pardot Business Unit that is provisioned from a Salesforce sandbox. Sandboxes for Pardot are available to Pardot Advanced and Premium customers and as a paid add-on to Pardot Plus customers.